Monday, June 19, 2006

The Mavericks

I, Haley Jane, am officially "in to" the NBA playoffs! Ha! I have even found Tricia quoting statistics which I will either contribute to her living with the stat king, otherwise known as Robert ... or, us girls are really enjoying these games!

Last night I found myself getting mad at the refs on that ignorant last call they made, and today I found myself reading Sports Illustrated online to see how Mark Cuban (who, by the way, was rocking the Stackhouse jersey) was feeling about it all. For a multi billionaire, he seems to be an awesome dude! Don't get me wrong, I am loving the playoffs, but I did not understand one word of Cuban's interview ... "you can't catch the ball in the frontcourt while established in the backcourt". Yeahhhh, what he said.

And now, on every single channel on television, they are asking if that 'flagrant foul' by Stackhouse against Shaq should have cost him sitting out a game. A game that we did damn well in but lost in overtime with 1 second left due to a really bad call. I mean, really ...

And for those of you who have not seen the 'flagrant foul' video ... click play below. Yes, Shaq got hit hard. I still think Stackhouse should not have been suspended.



Oh, and Dirk speaks english ... and I bought a 'Dirk is my homeboy' shirt ... pictures to follow! Game 6 is tomorrow! =)

In the meantime, we should really consider recruiting referees from Canada or something ...

No comments: