Monday, June 04, 2007

Well, we had a fairly interesting weekend!

Knocked Up is really good! Freaking hilarious if I do say so myself! We went on a 'double date' to see that Saturday night!

Yesterday we all (we = Mark, Me, Mom and Dad) decided to go out on my Dad's little boat since my Mom and I had never been out on it! My Mom and I waited on land while they put the boat into the water ... I peeked onto the super busy pier, saw a slat of wood missing and hoped that no children would fall through! It was a fairly big slat ... big enough to hurt someone - obviously!

Well, once they were putting the boat in, my Mom and I trekked down the pier, I turned around to tell her something, or to look at what Mark was doing maybe, and down I went! My whole left leg went straight through the missing piece of wood! It was a good one foot long piece of wood that was gone, and it happened to have nails sticking out of it! The nails made a pretty awful wound at the front of my knee, so we went back on to land to check it out! It sure didn't look good, so we decided to find the nearest fire station, which we did, although no one was there!

So we decided to go to the ER after seeing what it was doing to my skin! They got us in right away and were probably some of the nicest Dr's and nurses I have ever met in my life! Well, as it turns out, my skin is severely bruised all around my knee, and I had to get eight stitches!

I came home last night and seriously crashed, right after I learned how to ice my knee down with frozen vegetables, thanks to wonderful Tricia! Her boyfriend just had knee surgery, so lucky for me, she is experienced in taking care of injured knee friends! Ha! But really, I'm just so thankful that I have wonderful people around to cheer me up ... and to take care of me! Haha! Just kidding ...

My first set of stitches ever, and I feel like it was sooo avoidable! So now, I am practicing the daunting task of keeping my knee straight so I don't mess up Dr. Rey's artwork! It's interesting, but so far so good!

Mark is proving to be the best fiancee ever, and without me even mentioning it, he called in sick to work today! I think he was going to do that anyway, but still!

I am feeling fine, although I am surely not looking forward to unwrapping the bandage today in order to clean it! I go to see my regular Dr tomorrow, then a week from today, I will get them out! I have a feeling this may be a pretty long seven days! Ha!


No comments: