Saturday, July 07, 2007

So, my Mom came out of surgery doing very well! They did get all of the cancer, and her lymph nodes were free and clear of anything malignant! Hooray! She is a little bruised, but mainly sore, I think ... especially where they put the 'medport' in! The 'medport' is under her skin and it helps with inserting the needle for chemo! Once the chemo is finished with, she can take it out!

Because of her particular type of cancer and how aggressive it is, they are doing radiation first. She won't start her chemo until about the time school beings from what I understand! She isn't thrilled about that because she wanted to adjust before the kids begin driving her crazy again!

Other than that, all is well!

She, my Dad and Aunt Patsy, as well as Katie and Koko, all went on a camping trip so that they can relax and unwind! I think it's a wonderful idea!

Soooo, Asia, Dodger and I are just sitting here! Dodger has been so good so far, so I am very happy about that!

I hear today is the busiest day of 2007, since it's 7-7-07. I don't really "get it", but I guess some people consider that lucky? Who knows!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe July 4th and continue to have a fantastic summer! =-)

No comments: